Saturday, January 28, 2012

Matching Anything

                               Stewart Nye Vintage Sterling
                                               Private Collection
Matching anything, makes it look like you bought it at Sears in the 1970's.
And I remember Sears in the 70's.
Matching oak living room furniture, that matched your dining room set, that matched your bedroom furniture, that matched your toilet seat, etc., etc., LOL.


The design world now preaches complimentary, rather than matching, and sometimes goes topsy-turvy and advocates rogue pieces. I don't agree with throwing in a piece that is not grounded in the overall design. In fact, I absolutely hate it.

Conservatively, I use findings that are tied to one another in some way, ie: I'll use different stone configurations on the same type chain for bracelets and the necklace.

I like to incorporate different sizes and shapes of the same stone, and switch them up in the necklace, bracelet and earrings. It's one of my favorite design tricks that I teach at classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment