Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Price of Gold

The Price of Gold

I've read reams of explanations as to why the price of gold is so high, and for the most part, the feeling is, that gold will adjust when the economy is better, and the confidence in stocks and bonds goes up.


It might be true, it might not, but it affects me, only because I want to work in the precious metal, and it is out of my market demographics' pocketbook.


I can make all the jewelry I want in Gold, but it will be too expensive for my clientele. Ok, sorry to lump you all in together. Some of you, I know, can buy anything you like, but most are on restricted budgets in this day and age.

So, now is not the time, will there ever be a right time again? Am I relegated to Sterling Silver, and Vermeil? Yes. Is there anything wrong with Sterling and Vermeil? No!

My jewelry has proven itself at shows, fairs, and on the websites. I just have a case of the wants.

/end rant.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment